Tekone Sushi with Marinated Tuna
By just marinating the tuna "Sashimi", you can make a delicious dish. The marinated "Sashimi" goes perfectly with the steamed rice.
|½ lb. tuna sashimi, sliced into ¼” bite-sized pieces|
|4 cups steamed rice|
|3 shiso leaves, thinly sliced|
|1 Tbsp. sesame seeds|
|2 Tbsp. rice vinegar|
|2 tsp. sugar|
|1 tsp. salt|
|3 Tbsp. Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)|
|3 Tbsp. Yamasa Soy Sauce|
|2 Tbsp. thinly sliced nori seaweed (optional)|
- Mix Yamasa Soy Sauce and Mirin in a medium size bowl.
- Marinate tuna in this mixture for 15 minutes.
- In another small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Place rice in large bowl, pour vinegar mixture and over rice, mix well.
- Add tuna, shiso leaves and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Pour on soy sauce / mirin mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Transfer to 4 small individual bowl and serve.
- Garnish with nori seaweed if desired.
We produce the very best soy sauce in our state-of-the-art plant, but brewing processes remains the same as in 1645.
YAMASA soy sauce has been preferred among the majority of high-end Japanese restaurants, sushi, and kabayaki-eel restaurants.