Chinese Style Home-Made Roasted Pork (Cha-Shu)
We have simplified the traditional recipe of making “Cha-Shu” so you can easily make this dish at home! Every pork lover will enjoy this dish! The soft and juicy Chinese-style roasted pork tastes delicious and it’s very simple to make. You can also add this roasted pork to various dishes such as, ramen noodles, fried rice, or salad!
|Approx. 300g Pork fatback|
|Organic Tamari Soy Sauce|
|White radish sprouts (Adjust to taste)|
|Cherry tomatoes (Adjust to taste)|
- Boil as much water as needed to cover the pork in a pot. Once boiled, cook the pork for 30-40 minutes over low heat.
- Pierce a wooden skewer in the pork to see if the juice runs clear. Place the pork into a plastic bag with YAMASA SOY SAUCE (Or other options listed above in the ingredients section), and marinate the pork. Make sure to remove as much air as possible from the plastic bag before doing so.
- 30 minutes later, take out the pork, slice thin, and serve (Garnish with white radish sprouts or cherry tomatoes to your liking).
- Reuse the leftover boiled water as a broth. Also, the remaining soy sauce (or the other options you have chosen) can be used for seasoning stir-fry dishes or soup.
- Optional; sear the surface of the pork to enhance the flavor.
We produce the very best soy sauce in our state-of-the-art plant, but brewing processes remain the same as in 1645.
YAMASA soy sauce has been preferred among the majority of high-end Japanese restaurants, sushi, and kabayaki-eel restaurants.