At Yamasa, we’ve got three delicious ramen broths for you to choose from, all depending on your culinary mood. Each one of them originates from the best flavors of traditional ramen shops in Japan.
- Our Shoyu Ramen Broth features a refined umami flavor with earthiness, depth and complexity.
- Our Miso Ramen Broth is inspired by flavors from ramen shops in Northern Japan, featuring a rich body with delicate fermentation and earthy notes.
- Our Tonkotsu Ramen Broth, rooted flavors from ramen shops in Southern Japan, is a creamy broth with a rich pork flavor.
Ramen shops have been a staple of the Japanese food scene since the mid-1800’s. It’s been said that there are over 10,000 ramen shops in Tokyo alone. To visit them all, the average Japanese person would need to eat in a new shop every three days, from the day they were born, in order to get to them all! While the US has only about 1,500 ramen shops today, the ramen trend is going strong. And with Yamasa Ramen Broths now available, US ramen chefs have all the tools they need to rival Tokyo’s scene!
Did you know?
- Technically speaking the idea around ramen actually originated in China, with ramen really only taking off in Japan in the late 19th century
- Japanese ramen shops are famously no nonsense, simply decorated with open kitchens and focused entirely on the food – reflective of the minimalism found in so much of Japanese culture
- Ramen shops focus on solo diners or small groups
- There are now over 40 different regional styles of ramen in Japan, each representing their own local traditions or flavors
Sound delicious? Shop our Ramen Broth Shoyu, Ramen Broth Miso, Ramen Broth Tonkotsu on Amazon now.